CASE STUDY: Re-roofing in Otley with the benefit of our Eco-roof
Location: Otley, West Yorkshire
We recently had the pleasure of carrying out re-roofing in Otley to this lovely 150-year-old cottage property on Mount Pisgah in the heart of Otley.
This terraced cottage property also benefited from the installation of our Eco-roof, roof insulation which is the perfect choice for insulating the roofs of older properties.
The existing garage roof was also stripped of its old felt covering and replaced with a new, modern EDPM membrane.
- All slates recycled where possible and replacement, salvaged blue slate sourced to replace any which were defective
- Our Eco-Roof thermal blanket was installed across the rafters to give an incredible u-value of just 0.4
- New battens were installed – all complying with BS5534
- The ridge tiles were re-bedded in Flexim Roof Putty rather than sand and cement which no longer complies with current building regulations
- All lead recycled where possible and replaced where necessary.
- New guttering fitted all around the property
- New Velux window installed
- New EDPM flat roof covering to the garage roof
- All works fully compliant with current Part L of the Building Regulations
- 10 year Insurance backed guarantee through the Confederation of Roofing Contractors
- Carried out by NVQ fully qualified roofers
Modern insulation for re-roofing in Otley
Installing our Eco-roof thermal blanket to properties such as the one above in Otley, ensures our re-roofing projects comply with current Building Regulations, Part L (conservation of fuel and power). Our Eco-roof thermal blanket insulation is a very popular method of insulating older snd period properties. It is extremely energy efficient, reduces the risk of condensation yet is fully breathable. This product is BBA Certified and it is ideal for use on all heritage and period properties, just like this property in Otley!
You can read our customers’ comments and how highly delighted they were in our reviews on Google.
If you are considering roof replacement to an older, period property be sure to contract a contractor qualified in this type of work. Our heritage roofing teams are fully qualified to carry out this type of work. Contact us today for a quotation.